To provide access, inclusion, and independence for people with disabilities.
On October 1, 1995, CILNCP began as a satellite office of the Center for Independent Living of Central Pennsylvania, located in Camp Hill, PA. The Satellite office opened at 210 Market Street, Williamsport, PA under the direction of CILCP Executive Director Theotis Braddy, and CILNCP Project Director George J. Morton. Three years later, CILNCP became an independent Center for Independent Living in Pennsylvania. As of October 1, 1998, CILNCP was granted independent status and was incorporated as CILNCP, Inc. under the 501 © (3) of the IRS Code. As part of our celebration, CILNCP hosted a CILebration banquet on October 1, 1998 at the Genetti Convention Center, in Williamsport, PA. Participants present included CILNCP Advisory Council Members, CILCP Board of Directors’ Members, and several staff members from both CILNCP and CILCP. Also, at this time the CILNCP Advisory Council became the Board of Directors of the newly independent CILNCP, and George J. Morton was appointed as the CILNCP Executive Director.
CILNCP Holds Memberships in the Following Organizations:
- PA Statewide Independent Living Council (PA SILC)
- National Council on Independent Living (NCIL)
- Pennsylvania Council on Independent Living (PCIL)
- Williamsport/Lycoming Chamber of Commerce
- Lycoming County Governor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities
- The Pennsylvania Society for the Advancement of the Deaf
- Union/Snyder County CORE Service Group
- Pennsylvania’s Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
- WATS Transit Advisory Committee